What is the Bio-Degradable? Well, that is simple. Bio–Degradable fabrics (substance) are that capable of being broken down (Decomposed) rapidly by the action of microorganism.
Bio-Degradable substance includes food scraps, cotton, wool, wood, Human and animals waste, manufactured products based on natural materials (such as paper and vegetable oils based soaps).
In the recent years, bio-based and biodegradable products have raised great interest since sustainable development policies tend to expand with the decreasing reserve of fossil fuel and the growing concern for the environment. These polymers bring a significant contribution to the sustainable development in view of the wider range of disposal options with minor environmental impact. As a result, the market of these environmentally friendly materials is in rapid expansion, 10–20 % per year. Consequently, biodegradable polymers are the topics of much research. Biodegradable polymers can be mainly classified as agro-polymers (starch, chitin, protein…) and biodegradable polyesters [Polyhydroxy alkanoates, poly(lactic acid)…]. These latter, also called bio-polyesters can be synthesized from fossil resources but main productions are obtained from renewable resources. This chapter intends to present these polymers regarding the synthesis, the structure, properties and their applications.
Features of Bio-Degradable Non-woven fabric:
- Reduced Pollution
- Soft Feeling
- Eco friendly & Recyclable
- Cost effective
- Light Weight
- Air Permeability
|GSM Range||10 To 200GSM|
|Width of fabric||150mm To 3200mm (as per order)|
|Length of roll||(as per GSM &order)|
|Colour of fabric||White, Medical Blue, Medical Green, Black,Royal Blue, P.Green, Red, Orange, Ivory, Beige, R.Green, C.Brown, Maroon, Peacock Blue &as per demand.|
Application of Bio-Degradable Non-woven fabric:
- Medical disposable
- Disposable Coveralls
- Disposable Lab coats / Jackets
- Health & Hygiene Disposable
- Disposable Isolation Gowns
- Disposable Pillow Cases
- Disposable Scrub Suits
- Disposable Mattress & Furniture
- Non Woven Shopping Bags made from Bio-Degradable fibers are a much better answer and are much more environmental friendly, but the way, disposable plastic bags can also be made with Bio Degradable Plastics…………
- Another Solution is recycling. Both Non Woven Bags (Those made of Polypropylene and disposable plastic bags (made of polyethylene) can be recycled.
- Bio-Degradability can be a good solution depending on how the plastic Bio-Degrades. Most Bio-Degradable Plastics Bio-Degradable only partially and creates an invisible pollution. Recycling requires energy.